Full course description
This course dives into the critical global shift from fossil fuels towards more sustainable energy sources. This transition, already underway, promises far-reaching consequences for the global economy, affecting industries, governments, and societies at large.
Offering a comprehensive understanding of the current energy landscape and the compelling drivers—climate change, energy security, and economic development—that propel this change, the course exposes participants to a range of clean energy technologies that will power our future, exploring the emerging business opportunities within these burgeoning sectors. It also navigates the complex policy and regulatory frameworks that shape this transition, providing key insights into best practices and successful case studies. The course also empowers participants to forge potent business strategies, incorporating energy transition considerations into corporate strategy, risk management, and sustainability initiatives. Ultimately, it aims to equip leaders with the knowledge and skills to not only adapt but thrive in this era of energy transformation.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the current global energy landscape, its trends, and the key drivers for energy transition, and analyze the associated risks and opportunities for businesses
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of clean energy technologies, including renewable energy, energy storage, grid modernization, and electric vehicles, and identify emerging business opportunities in these areas
- Understand the complex policy and regulatory frameworks that drive the energy transition, including best practices, successful case studies, and the impact of carbon pricing and emissions trading schemes on businesses
- Develop effective business strategies for managing the energy transition, incorporating energy transition considerations into corporate strategy, risk management, and sustainability initiatives, and building organizational resilience and agility in the changing energy landscape
This in-person certificate-granting programs will combine lectures, group discussions, case studies, capstones, talks from field professionals, and simulations to ensure that leaders, senior professionals and executives from the industry, government, and non-governmental sectors gain applicable and transformative knowledge and professional skills for maximum impact in their fields.
Visit the New Executive Education Programs page for additional information.
This course does not convey academic credit and is not included on a JHU Academic Transcript. This course is intended for personal and professional skills enrichment. Any certificate earned for the successful completion of this course is intended for proof of completion only.
Location, Date and Time
- Format: In-Person
- Location: Hopkins Bloomberg Center, 555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC
- Date: Monday, April 22, 2024 through Friday, April 26, 2024
- Time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Hardware: laptop computer; webcam; microphone and speakers or headset.
Software: current web browser; Canvas; Zoom web conferencing; Microsoft Office or similar; Email; course specific software
After registering you will receive an email confirming your registration. You will be given access to a Canvas course that includes complete course information. You will have access to the Canvas course for the duration of the course.
The refund policy is documented in the subsequent list. Participants may receive an exception to the refund policy for documented extenuating circumstances, such as medical situations or military requirements. Petitions should be submitted to the SAIS Office of Executive Education. Refund requests should be emailed to ExecEdSAIS@jh.edu.*
- Refund 100% prior to course start date.
- Refund 50% prior to halfway point of the course.
- No refund after the halfway point of the course.
JHU SAIS is committed to providing all participants with the opportunity to pursue excellence in their academic endeavors. This includes providing disability related accommodations and services in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and our goal of delivering accessible, inclusive experiences. If you require accommodations to complete this course, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Direct all technical support requests to the SAIS Online and Distance Learning office email: email@example.com*. We will respond to requests within 24-48 hours. Requests received on weekends, overnights and holidays will be responded to on the next business day.
JHU ALUMNI ENROLLMENT
Please do not use your JHU Alumni email to register for Learnmore.jhu.edu courses. This email account will not work with the platform. We recommend you register for Learnmore.jhu.edu courses using a NON-JHU email such as Gmail or Outlook.
*Do not share any personal identifiable information (PII) such as social security number or grades in any messages to firstname.lastname@example.org or ExecEdSAIS@jh.edu.